U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 50-year-old female asked:

I have plantar fasciitis and my feet continue to twitch and cramp in the arch , what can i do to stop them? it's 24/7, i've had new orthotics fitted.

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 30 years experience
Injection or surgery: Plantar fasciitis can resolve at some point on its own, but if it does not the options are primarily threefold: noninvasive things such as orthotics, stretches, therapy, ultrasound, etc.; or injection therapy usually with steroid or a variety of growth factors available; or surgery. There is really not too much else out there for it.
Dr. Sanjay Patel
Podiatry 33 years experience
Crampy arch needs to be stretched on a regular basis. Your new orthotics should help, make sure you have a stretching splint to use at bight, as well rolling out the fascia on a round hard object on a daily basis. Try frozen bottle of water.
Mar 2, 2015

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 2, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.