U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 51-year-old female asked:

How do i stop my toes curling under when i walk? sometimes it causes bad cramps on top of my foot. tried orthotics years ago but they are too painful.

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Tariq Niazi
Orthopedic Surgery 44 years experience
I suggest you see an: Ankle ; foot doc or a podiatrist, who can examine you to see what the DX is and discuss what to do about it. Good luck.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 42 years experience
See below: You can try a digital crest pad that will help to hold the toes straight, but you may require surgery.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.