A 19-year-old female asked:

The back right side of my tongue hurt randomly when i swallow. i can't see any swelling or anything. what could cause this. should i see a doctor?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Shishir Shah
Dentistry 43 years experience
Visit a doctor: You must visit either your dentist or ENT. I recommend to start with the dentist as he can complete a oral cancer screening in the office and generally dentist are able to identify many illness. If you do not have a dentist picked out, don't wait please go to an ENT specialist
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 27, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.