U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Alma, MI
A 53-year-old male asked:

I fell a month ago and i still hurt. the bone just below my right knee is sticking out to much to me plus there's pain that norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) don't take it away.

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Mark Hutchinson
Orthopedic Surgery 36 years experience
Possible bursitis?: sounds like you fell on your tibial tubercle. You could have a bruise or bursitis which should improve with ice and no steroidal medicine. Be cautious with too much norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) as it can be addictive. Since no better in one month, should be checked for fracture, in tact extensor mechanism, patella or posterior cruciate injury
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Laura Ross-adams
Orthopedic Surgery 32 years experience
Need an X-ray : You need an X-ray if you have not had one. You could have an injury to the tibial tubercle, which would make it seem like it sticks out more. The Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) not helping worries me- you may have a fracture.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 6, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.