Australia

dr found staph infection in my urine.. put me on 7 day course antibiotics (alprim) what's a staph infection? make your skin itch? how did i get it :(

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Staphylococcus is a: bacterium that can cause variety of infxns—skin, lungs, wounds, blood, etc. I suspect itching comes from alprim (sulfa-based antibiotics often cause itching) so tell doc so (s)he can change to different one. Your hx of kidney stone suggests problems with your urinary tract. The Keflex may be killing off more common causes of UTI so that more powerful bacteria can infect. See doc 4 complete workup