Canada

is a heart rate of 180bpm without exercise dangerous? it's sinus rythmn. no anxiety happens multiple times a night and 1 or 2 times during the day.

Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Cardiology 31 years experience
Yes it can be --: you may have what's called inappropriate sinus tachycardia. I would recommend a cardiac electrophysiology testing ASAP, and ask your doctor to refer you to a cardiac electrophysiologist -
Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Specializes in Cardiology
Investigation: This needs to be investigated further, likely by a cardiologist and/or endocrinologist. In the meantime, you should taper off caffeine, any drug like Sudafed/Claritin-D/Actifed..., no illegals of any kind, avoid sugar/colas. Learn general Information about health and well-being by going to my website: Put my full name in Google and click on the link. HRS, MD, FACC

Last updated Feb 3, 2017