Plainfield, NJ

can bacteria vaginosis can have a burning itchy feeling outside of ur vagina?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Uncommon: That would be more likely with a vaginal fungal infection.

Is there a vaccine for bacterial meningitis?

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Yes: There are 3 major types of bacterial meningitis after the age of 2 months -- hib, pneumococcal, and meningococcal. There are effective vaccines for the major strains of all of them. E. Coli and group b strep are responsible for most cases of meningitis under 2 months of age; there are no vaccines for them, yet, and treatment of certain maternal infections is key to lessen the risk of such illnes.

What effects can chlamydia have while my baby is passing through the birth canal?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Infection: Pneumonia and eye infections can occur in the baby. Pregnant women are usually screened for chlamydia during the pregnancy so that they can be treated before delivery of the baby.

Can aldara (imiquimod) be used to get rid of genital warts?

Dr. Ronald Oberman
Podiatry 31 years experience
Several ways: Topical medication, freezing, laser, surgical excision among other things.

What might cause itching in bewtween my legs and buttocks?

Dr. Robert Jackson
Dermatology 43 years experience
Dermatitis: You probably have seborrheic dermatitis. See your dermatologist for treatment and evaluation.

Scrotal pain in the vas deferans--can it be torsion?

Dr. Howard Tay
Urology 31 years experience
Scrotal pain: This question can't be answered properly on this forum. I recommend that you seek immediate medical attention to ensure that you don't have torsion. Torsion is time-sensitive and can only be diagnosed by physical exam and either a scrotal ultrasound or testicular scan. Seek immediate medical attention is my best advice to you. www.peedoc.com @drhtay.

Last updated Feb 15, 2015