U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Valley, Alabama
A 28-year-old male asked:

Ive got my tooth pulled they gave me narco 5/325 one a day for pain is it ok to take with my meds? i take klonopin 3mg inderal (propranolol) 80mg abd remeron 45mg

3 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 55 years experience
Medications: It is always best to ask the doctor who prescribes you medication regarding drug interactions based upon a complete knowledge of your medical and dental history. You should not seek guidance from anyone other than your treating health care professional. Also, never withhold any information from your doctor regarding medical history, medications, etc. Just call your doctor and ask.
Dr. Elton Behner
Dentistry 38 years experience
Use caution: this combination of meds may significantly increase sedation and drowsiness. Avoid driving a car or operating machinery, cooking, smoking alone(may fall asleep with a lit cigarette), caring for infants/children, etc. until you are sure of how it is affecting you. Consult a pharmacist for more detailed information.
Dr. Elton Behner
Dentistry 38 years experience
Provided original answer
Happy to be of service.
Feb 24, 2015
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
It is OK: Norco, Klonopin and Remeron (mirtazapine) increase sedation and drowsiness, but once a day for pain control. Do not drive, operate heavy machinery, or do other dangerous activities until you know how Norco affects you. Take care.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 4, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.