Pearson, GA

Im a 24 year old healthy male, but i am about to have gallbladder surgery, my first ever surgery, what's my chances of surviving and being ok? imscared

Dr. James Rifenbery
General Surgery 42 years experience
Modern Surgery is very safe.: Modern Surgery is very safe. Every breath and heart beat is carefully monitored. I is actually safer then sleeping alone at home. I is helpful to realize that if is much more dangerous to get in your car and go for a drive. You don't even think about that, and you probably do it every day. It is normal to have fear over something new, but you will almost certainly be fine.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 15, 2016