Superior, WI

Im 148 lbs and 5'1, how long will it take me to lose about 40-50 lbs with hip hop abs and eating less?

Dr. Georgia Latham
No way to predict: That varies a great deal from one person to another. It is much more difficult for some people to lose weight than it is for others. Losing 40-50 lbs is a very difficult thing to do. It requires a great deal of dedication and consistency. It would be more realistic to set a goal of losing 10 lbs and see how long that takes. It will probably take longer with each 10 lbs that you lose.
Dr. John Michalski
Orthopedic Surgery 37 years experience
Weight loss: Everyone is different. Shoot for a consistent 3-4 pound weight loss per week with diet & exercise.
Dr. Holly Maes
1year: Realistically, about a pound a week weight loss should be a goal to aim for, so about a year to lose 40-50 pounds. If your starting weight is extremely high, say with a BMI over 45, you can manage a faster weight loss of 2-3 pounds per week, so 100-150# in a year. Anything faster not healthy and may deprive you of essential nutrients and vitamins. Make a lifestyle change, not just x# to lose!
If you lost 50 pounds - you would only weigh 98 pounds. I really recommend that you don't just select an arbitrary weight goal - but rather one that is healthy.
Jun 23, 2017
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 45 years experience
Eat Better.: "Eating less" is not necessarily the answer. A more easier to follow approach would be "eating better". You are probably on a carbohydrate heavy diet. You must assess you dietary input before you can determine just what has to change. A better diet along with slowly increasing exercise sessions will better assure you of success.