U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 51-year-old female asked:

I had this off & on for months, i get this numbness on my right side temple and right side face. i had a cat scan & nothing wrong, should i get a mri?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Family Medicine 39 years experience
Might help.: MRI's can find things a CT scan can't. So it would not be a bad idea. If you have not yet seen a neurologist, do so. Be sure you have copies of your medical records and any imaging and lab studies you have had done. The more information any specialist has about your previous history and workups the better job he/she will be able to do.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Feb 21, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.