U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old female asked:

How can i find a doctor specialized in keratoconus in my area (nyc)?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Hussain Elhalis
Ophthalmology 12 years experience
Keratoconus MD: A cornea specialist will help you manage keratoconus. One way is to call the ophthalmology clinic at the university center near you. Generally these are multi-specialty departments. Also, the academy of ophthalmogy has a website to search for any specialist using your zip code @.. http://www.geteyesmart.org/eyesmart/find/index.cfm . Good luck.
Dr. Richard Witlin
LASIK Surgery 47 years experience
Corneal specialist: there are many excellent corneal specialists in NYC......you can contact NY Eye and Ear for list of corneal specialists; also can contact SUNY College of Optometry for ODs that fit special contacts for patients with keratoconus to get started.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 44-year-old male asked:
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 32-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 27-year-old male asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Feb 20, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.