U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

I have an eye disease called keraticonis .is there any place to take care of this before i become blind i need help doc.?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jodi Luchs
LASIK Surgery 32 years experience
Help is available: Keratoconus is a progressive condition which can cause a deterioration in vision, but the progression can be stopped with a procedure called corneal crosslinking. We perform this in-office procedure routinely as part of the CXLUSA clinical trial. In addition, intacs, RGP contact lenses, or corneal transplantation can all help to reshape the cornea and restore vision.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 9, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.