Romania

is it true that pt like ultrasound, tens, laser expose the body to radiation? is it like x-ray? what is the approx dose from 10 visits?

Dr. Daniel Saurborn
Diagnostic Radiology 23 years experience
Physical Therapy: uses non-ionizing radiation. Xray and CT are ionizing radiation, which you should seek to reduce exposure to whenever possible. However, ultrasound, TENS and laser use sound, electricity and light energy which are generally regarded as safe in these therapeutic amounts.
Dr. Ajay Acharya
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Are you confusing with PET scan ?
Feb 7, 2015
Dr. Daniel Saurborn
Provided original answer
I believe the patient meant PT as in Physical Therapy, where they use therapeutic ultrasound, TENS and laser. It is exceedingly rare for someone to have more than a few PET scans. Certainly a 25 year old would be more likely to have 10 physical therapy TENS visits than 10 PET scans.
Apr 6, 2015