U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 27-year-old female asked:

My g'ma had breast cancer at 60, my aunt got it at 41, another aunt about 50. dr said my r nipple problem is eczema; at 27 should i have a mammogram?

2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology 34 years experience
You should see: a breast specialist, if you have not already. An uncommon form of breast cancer, called Pagets disease of the nipple, can present as eczematous-type changes in the nipple region. They can determine if imaging(likely ultrasound as the initial test in your age group) is needed.
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 46 years experience
Paget's disease: could be mistaken for nipple eczema. With a strong family history, you need to see a specialist breast surgeon for evaluation, including imaging and even possible biopsy.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 4, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.