Jordan

how much does it take torecover a trigger finger pain after taking a cortisone shot?pls illustrate where exactly the injection must be taken

Dr. Tariq Niazi
Orthopedic Surgery 43 years experience
Upto 48 hrs.: In majority of patients, it takes upto 48 hrs for relief after a cortisone shot. In some patients ( about 5-8%), the pain can get worse for about 24-36 hrs, before it gets better. The shot should be given around the tendon and not into it.
Dr. Raymond Wittstadt
Hand Surgery 36 years experience
Very quick: I have had trigger finger injections. They do hurt a little. I use a cold spray on the skin to numb that area prior to doing the injection. The injection includes local anesthetic as well. Shot hurts less that the trigger finger locking up. Shot goes in the flexion crease where the finger meets the hand. Good luck. You can do it!

Last updated Jul 10, 2018