Cambridge City, IN

Salty taste on tounge after dental fillings. could he have hit the nerve that controls taste when he numbed me? or am i allergic to white filling???

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 56 years experience
Unlikely: Either possibility is unlikely. If it doesn't go away soon, discuss this with the dentist who treated you who will know your medical and dental history as well as what transpired during your visit.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 38 years experience
Dysgeusia: is a change in your sense of taste and a metallic taste due to a variety of causes; from anxiety to dental problems (failure of a dental crown), medications and treatments.
Dr. Arlene Joyner
Pediatric Dentistry 44 years experience
No, highly unlikely that the injected the nerve that controls taste. The nerve that is responsible for taste is Cranial nerve 7 and most likely you would have other symptoms if that had occured. I would wait a few days and if taste persist, return to the dental office for consult.
Feb 8, 2015
Last updated Apr 5, 2020