Doctor want to run tests before my laser surgery to remove small growth from inside vagina. why does tests have to be ran before surgery? extra money?

7 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Audrey Prefer answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

Some tests needed: This all depends, what are the tests they wish to run? Without knowing, I can't really give an answer. Sorry

Answered 2/2/2015

3.3k views

Dr. Mary David answered

Need to know: It is important to know the cause of the growth in order to be sure of the correct treatment. A cancerous growth would be treated differently than a benign wart, etc.

Answered 1/31/2015

3.3k views

Dr. Michelle Jones singer answered

Specializes in Gynecology

Talk to doctor: Good afternoon, Perhaps your doctor wants to confirm that you do not have any problems that would require additional treatment or change your management of care. Please discuss this with your doctor...Best wishes... Dr Jones Singer

Answered 1/31/2015

3.3k views