Houma, LA

are hepatitis b and flu vaccine required for nurses or can you opt out?

Why: Both entities can kill you and a nurse is at higher risk of exposure to both. The feds require that I offer Hep B free of charge to my staff and I require that they get the flu shot every year if they plan to work for me. If you are not interested in getting these vaccines, please stay out of the health care field. We don't need infected nurses spreading the germs to unsuspecting patients.
Dr. Roy Arnold
Employer dependent: Some employers require these immunizations as a condition of employment. Refuse the immunization, lose your job. Others may allow opting out based on religious grounds or for other reasons. The major reasons the immunizations are required is patient and employee protection. Thanks for trusting HealthTap!

Last updated Jan 29, 2015