NY
A male asked:

I just got out of a six day detox from opiods, the put me on a methadone taper . i ate 5mg of methadone at 6am. can i take 2mg of suboxone now?

Dr. John Gaffney
Probably not: Why are you taking Suboxone and methadone? They're very rarely used together. The problem with methadone is that the bioavailability & half-life of the parent drug is notoriously unpredictable. So without knowing your complete history - the combination of the 2 opioids might precipitate respiratory depression. Good luck!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 27, 2015