i have been having pain in my back lower neck. the pain stretches from shoulder to shoulder. sometimes it stretches down my spine to lower back.

Dr. Douglas Linville II
29 years experience Orthopedic Spine Surgery
Neck pain: Pain in the neck that is muscular is frequently felt between the shoulder blades and down to the mid back. This follows the anatomy of the trapezius muscle. Pain is likely from spasm due to overcompensation if these muscles for painful neck muscles or joints. The other source if pain is "referred" pain. Disc arthritis pain may also be felt in this region. Treatment is nonsurgical with pt, nsaids.
Answered on Dec 9, 2013