A member asked:

I've been having intense lower back pain lower right side pain that runs to my hip should i go to the er or urgent care clinic?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Peter Kubitz answered

Specializes in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation

If your symptoms are very acute/new, you could consider a kidney stone to be present, and you could have this evaluated at the ER if the pain is severe. If the symptoms have been present for quite a long time, you could start with an an evaluation with your PCP for a possible low back condition.

Answered Feb 2, 2015



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor