10 year old daughter complains of severe aches and pains in her knees ankles shoulders hips and back seeing big red spots, & asthma ?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Ratna Dhingra
44 years experience Pediatrics
Unlikely related: the joint pains and asthma are probably not related.The spots may be a rash due to an allergy--and asthma can be triggered by an allergy--these may be related.See a pediatrician.
Answered on Jan 26, 2015
5
5 comments
1
Dr. Philip Meadow
42 years experience Rheumatology
The history give
Jan 26, 2015
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegab commented
40 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Churg Strauss vasculitis wasn't directly related to leukotriene inhibitors, rather it was related to the flare up of the vascukris when patients were taken off the steroids they were on and started the leukotriene inhibitors, at any rate I agree with Dr Meadow and Dr Dhingra of the importance of medical evaluation, goodluck
Jan 26, 2015
Dr. Philip Meadow
42 years experience Rheumatology
Agree .Part of the differential diagnosis is Churg Strauss vasculitis associated with rash and symmetric arhritis.It has been linked to leukotriene inhibitors like monteleukast
Jan 26, 2015
Dr. Philip Meadow
42 years experience Rheumatology
Immediate eval: Symmetric polyarticular arthritis as well as joint pain in setting of rash raises concern for Churg Stauss vasculitis which has been linked to the leukotriene inhibitor monteleukast which I would stop immediately!The asthma is often quiescent in these patients.
Answered on Jul 12, 2015
1