KS

have had a high fever 103.5 with chills, cough, headache. went er after 2 days. dr gave me ibpro 800 and tylenol (acetaminophen) with some benadryl. 5thday not better?

Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Infectious Disease 25 years experience
Influenza A/B: Your symptoms sound like influenza. I'm sure the ER doctor ran blood tests ruling this out. The fact that he did not place you on antibiotics suggests to me he didn't feel this bacterial. Influenza can last several weeks and beat down the healthiest of people. Yearly flu shots help decrease the incidence of disease like this. You should follow up with your PCP.