U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

I twisted my ankle and now i can hardly walk on it. i think it's a sprain and i need crutches. i haven't seem a doctor. should i go to one?

2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 48 years experience
YES: You will need xrays, crutches, possiblly a cast or an ankle splint: have someone drive you to the ER or UC clinic.
Dr. Nayana Trivedi
Internal Medicine 40 years experience
YES.: Just to make sure you do not have Fracture , you will need X ray. Sprain can be treated conservatively with Immobilization , Anti Infalmmatory. Medicine and Non weight Bearing for a few days. Apply Ice.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 26, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.