Australia

I fell down the stairs and hurt my back yesterday. i got bruises in my legs and my back hurts now. i also feel numb on the left side of my body.

Dr. Robert Sterling
46 years experience
AnswerTheseQuestions: So, what caused the fall?Trip on something?How many steps? Onto what?How did you land? Did you black out (before or after)?I hope your neck is OK but if it hurts, that's a red flag.What parts of your legs and back are bruised? You numb the whole or part of one side of your body? Can you walk?If you aren't feeling better after one day, or feel worse, get someone to take you to a doctor. Don't drive
Dr. George Valdez
Specializes in Family Medicine
Get checked: Numbness is concerning, get checked out asap

Last updated May 4, 2018