Brooklyn, NY

do i have oral cancer if i have white patches in my mouth?

Dr. David Mcnay
Dentistry 26 years experience
White lesions: White lesions can become cancerous. It is best to have a dentist look with his eyes and track the spot. If necessary a biopsy may be in order. I hope that all is well, but there's no way to make a definitive case for yea or nay from cyberspace. Peace to you!
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology 47 years experience
White patches can be: Leukoplakia, or candida, or absolutely nothing...Need to have a professional look. I could say open your mouth and say ahhh, but i can't see your doctor can. Unlikely to be cancer at your age.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Has to be seen and..: White patches in your mouth could be any number of things. See an oral surgeon for a definitive diagnosis. Unless the oral surgeon knows what it is and that it is not a neoplasm (growth), it should be biopsied. Most oral pathologists will tell you that even certain lesions that look benign can be precancerous and should be removed or at least biopsied.