The doctor told me my baby has mrsa vacteria. she is only two yrs. is she serious? what do we do for her?

Dr. Michael Amster
Specializes in Pediatrics
It can be: Mostly MRSA is a simple staph infection, a bacteria that causes skin rashes, boils and such. It can lead to invasive infection and sepsis, but as long as it's treated with the proper antibiotic in a timely manner, and steps are taken to decrease carriage in family and on the baby's person, things should be fine.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.