U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Akron, OH
A 29-year-old female asked:

Please help! i have recurrent adult impetigo, what are the chances of having mrsa? what doctor should i go see?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
See a dermatologist: Mrsa is a possibility but not necessarily a definitive occurrence in anyone who has breaks in the skin. The skin and mucous membranes are our primary barrier against infection and impetigo compromises this barrier. A dermatologist will help you deal with this. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 12, 2012


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.