Senegal

Bupro+sertra caused excessive daytime sleepiness, >10mon, prozac (fluoxetine) worse, fully interacted with my life.please guide me.grateful.

Dr. Steven Reidbord
Unusual problem: Bupropion (wellbutrin), sertraline (zoloft), and Prozac (fluoxetine) are usually activating antidepressants. Excessive daytime sleepiness is uncommon with any of them, but is more likely from the ssris (sertraline and fluoxetine). It may be that bupropion by itself would not cause this side-effect. Best to discuss this with your prescribing doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Alfred Forrester
Speak to an MD: You have asked 2 ?'s here about your medication side-effects, questions best posed to the prescribing md (who knows your history). If the prescriber doesn't seem able or interested to help you, it would be reasonable to seek a 2nd opinion to answer your ?'s. Our ability to do that here is limited. Be aware that there are enough meds so that changes can be made to reduce or eliminate your side-effe.
Antidepressants: Sertraline may cause sedation in up to 13% of patients. I was shocked to read in Drugs.com that sedation may occur in 19.8 % with Wellbutrin. Because as was previously shared -it is usually a stimulating medication. Consider taking sertraline at night.
Last updated Oct 21, 2018