was riding my bike 1 an cleats were to small it hurt for a week now no pain but my toe is now got a blue-black line in it i think it's bruised?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Bradly Shollenberger
36 years experience Podiatry
It probably is: If you have discoloration without pain, it is likely only a bruise. It should lighten an disappear in the next week or so. At your age, circulatory problems would be rare. Next time, wear the correct size shoe. Enjoy cycling...I do.
Answered on Mar 29, 2013
Dr. James Dukelow
31 years experience Podiatry
Bruising=bleeding: Black and blue usually indicate that some bleeding took place. This is very common under the toe nail. Rubbing and irritation can cause a blister to form on skin and skin under the nail. This condition usually does not clear out until the body clears it out, the nail plate grows out, or is treated. Blood under the nail gets trapped and dries. Tight or loose riding shoes can cause this.
Answered on Sep 15, 2015
1
4
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat commented
22 years experience Podiatry
Good answer!
Mar 30, 2013