Crestview, FL

im prescribed vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) but the copay is too expensive for me. ritalin didn't work. is adderall an alternative safe to bring up with my psychiatrist?

Dr. Horacio Capote
Specializes in Psychiatry
Possibly: On the other hand, if it works well for you, check out the Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) website. Pharmaceutical companies often have coupons available that can help to defray the cost of co-pays. Good luck.
Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. TRUC DAO commented
if you have to ask us then your doctor did not work well with you at all. chose a doctor whom you can contact easily.
Mar 13, 2016
Dr. Edmund Cavazos
Dr. Edmund Cavazosanswered
Yes: Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) is an amphetamine derivative as well as adderall. If there is a history of addiction vyvance has least addictive potential due to its delivery system. If addiction an issue consider strattera although I have had a so so response with it in my clients. I like the long acting stimulants in adults.
Dr. Edmund Cavazos
Dr. Edmund Cavazosanswered
Great suggestion: Great suggestion from my colleague!
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine): Agree. Keep in mind that Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) equivalent is the brand name, which is also expensive, but, there is generic Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) to try which is cheaper but not long-acting like vuvanse.
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology 42 years experience
MEDICATION: Best to discuss medication with your Psychiatrist. If uncomfortable with your Dr. consult another for a second opinion. Have a physical exam by a Dr. to determine if you have a physical illness. Consult with a Clinical Psychologist for psychotherapy with ZOOM sessions. Fears and anxiety could be heightened due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Stay safe & hopeful to elevate your immune system.