I am having cataract surgery. My optometrist told me my multifocal lens implant will cost me $5000 per eye and I have to pay before. Is this correct?

Dr. Deepak Raja
17 years experience in Ophthalmology
Prices vary: Multifocal lenses do cost extra and are not covered by health insurance. They are not mandatory but can be very helpful if you are trying to achieve independence from glasses. The price is a combination of surgeon fees and the cost of the lens. The price is dependent on the market in the area and is variable. There's nothing wrong with price shopping. Just make sure you go with a great surgeon..
Answered on Jul 23, 2017
1