United Kingdom (Great Britain)

doctors urine pregnancy test was positive but line faded to a very faint line after couple of minutes am i pregnant? i'm confused?

Dr. Janice Alexander
Check with Provider: I would check with the doctor. I do not know the brand of test that was used. Usually these tests are reliable, but i would check with the doctor to be sure.
Dr. John Kirk
Probably yes: The light color reflects (if not an old test) a lower level of the pregnancy hormone beta hcg. The earlier the pregnancy the lower the level and the fainter the line. Any line (in addition to the control line which is generally very dark) suggests pregnancy is present. Check again in a week if unclear or unsure.

Last updated Oct 20, 2015