can going running tone your entire body?

Dr. Roger Palutsis
Sports Medicine 36 years experience
Yes: As long as your knees are in good shape, running will help tone your arms and legs, as well as your core.

What is the most fragile bone in the body?

Dr. Charles Southerland
Podiatry 38 years experience
Pinky toe: Although it may not be structurally the most "fragile" bone in the body, the most often broken bone in the body is the 5th (or pinky) toe. In some sports, like sailing, the pinky toe is broken in 50% of athletes who are involved in the sport for more than 2 years.

Does your body get used to the fitness if you run every night?

Dr. Jennifer Haley
Dermatology 23 years experience
Yes!: You will accommodate and will not have to work as hard so you will not get as good of a workout. I am a big advocate of hiit (high intensity interval training) and recommend you add hill work or some sprints to your workout to challenge yourself - 30 sec sprint with 90 sec jog works well x 8. This workout also enhances natural secretion of growth hormone and increases your resting metabolism.

Can you inform me about whole brain irradiation?

Dr. Julian Bragg
Neurology 17 years experience
Prophylactic: Whole brain irradiation is often used as a prophylactic treatment for patients who have been diagnosed with a cancer that has a high rate of metastasis to the brain. The idea is to prevent the growth of metastases that are too small to be seen.

How long would 5mg of lortab, stay in a 110 lb person's body?

Dr. Peter Zimmerman
Pain Management 33 years experience
All depends: 1) do you take narcotics regularly? Your system will metabolize more rapidly. 2) are you asking how long they will provide effect? Typically 4-6 hours. 3) are you asking how long will it be before you test negative on a urine drug screen? Probably 2-3 days.

How can I find my maximum heart rate when running?

Dr. Michael Fenster
Cardiology 31 years experience
Take your pulse: At some point during peak exercise stop and take your pulse. Count the heartbeats over 10 seconds (and multiply by 6) or 15 seconds (and multiply by 4). This will give you beats per minute, which are the units to measure heart rate.

Last updated Apr 30, 2015