U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 41-year-old member asked:

I went to an orthopedic specialist, and was told that i have bursitis in the hip area. what should i do now?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. David Cohen
Internal Medicine 43 years experience
See below: Consider a steroid injection into the bursa. Ask the orthopedist if he/she does such as procedure.
Last updated Mar 28, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.