my 1 year old son has been consistently ill with severe colds, pneumonia, and rsv since we moved from japan in sept 2012 to colorado springs. help!

2 doctor answers
Dr. Lokesh Guglani
20 years experience Pediatric Pulmonology
Resp infections: About 3-4 colds or respiratory tract infections are fairly common in young children especially in winter months. Exposure to various pathogens in daycare setting and the move to a new environment in your case could also be significant contributors to this. Talk to your child's doctor if there are any concerns for persistent symptoms that don't clear up even between his colds/episodes of illnesses.
Answered on Mar 7, 2015
4
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
35 years experience Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology
Mgt/workup: It is common for infants to have infections during the first year of life. If the pattern continues, interferes with growth and development or occurs in one area of the lung, a further workup can be performed. I would check that your son has been screened for CF and asthma. A virtual appt is available for follow up.
Answered on Mar 7, 2015