Canyon Lake, TX

My ins quit helping with my remicade, (infliximab) benn on it for12 years for psoriatic arthritis and crohns, .what are the conciqenceces of suddenly stoppintg remic?

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Allergy and Immunology 18 years experience
Remicade (infliximab): First off...Demand your physician write a letter to the insurance and you should also write a letter complaining to the insurance since it is the only medication that has worked. There are many associated side effects with the class of med, but abrupt cessation does not seem to be a concern.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Rheumatology 53 years experience
You will flare: Stopping Remicade (infliximab) will very likely lead to a flare for the two diseases. I will assume you have a medicare advantage plan. A big mistake for anyone who requires Remicade (infliximab) or other infusables. Anyone in this situation must stay with traditional medicare and avoid hmos.
Last updated Jan 23, 2015