United Kingdom (Great Britain)

Do i need braces?

Dr. Anthony Filly
Radiology 27 years experience
Need more info: Depends on many many factors.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
And the best person to provide that answer is a fully qualified University trained Orthodontist.
Aug 5, 2016
Dr. S. jay Bowman
Dentistry - Orthodontics 37 years experience
Who knows: A bad bite or malocclusion may be corrected with any number of techniques, devices, or appliances. Start with an appointment with an orthodontic specialist to get an opinion about what options are best in your situation.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Perhaps: If you have teeth or jaws that are misaligned, orthodontic treatment (and braces are one of the "medicines" that orthodontists use) may be helpful. If your teeth and jaws function better they will last longer and be easier to maintain. Why don't your see an orthodontic specialist for an initial exam. At that time you will be presented with the options that would work best for you.
Dr. Gary Brigham
Orthodontics 52 years experience
Ask an orthodontist: An orthodontic specialist is in the best position to answer this question. Most orthodontists offer complimentary examinations so that they can answer your questions specifically as they relate to your condition. It might be beneficial to you if you sought such an opinion.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
Good reason if...: You should see an orthodontist any time you have a question about the alignment of your teeth, or the quality of your bite. Mouth breathing, clenching or grinding your teeth, and the inability to comfortably close your lips may be signs that you need braces.