I had surgery on my foot to get 3 plates and 20 screws from my foot. it's been weeks but my foot still hurts what can i do to make it better ?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Jeffery VanYperen answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Heavy metal: That's a lot of hardware for a foot, so it sounds like you either sustained a serious injury with multiple fractures, or you had major reconstruction. Removal of hardware is usually an attempt to treat residual pain, but it is not always successful. Arthritis, scar tissue, and neuritis can still persist. May need more physical therapy or more aggressive pain management.

Answered 12/27/2013

5.2k views

Dr. Thomas Inwood answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Hardware: That is a lot of metal coming out. You didn't mention what the surgery was for so speculation is a reconstruction. There will be scar tissue after the surgery to put the metal in and after it comes out as well . Pt is certainly indicated as well as further consultation with your surgeon.

Answered 9/6/2013

4.9k views