Cellulitis on my foot 4 days ago, it traveled on my inner leg to mid calf. the swelling and redness is gone, but my foot & leg still hurt. normal?

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 23 years experience
Have it evaluated.: Cellulitis can lead to complications if not treated appropriately. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.
Dr. Robert Dorsey
37 years experience
Can be normal: It may take some time for the inflamatory reaction to subside.
Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care 37 years experience
What's the cause ?: Cellulitis is basically a visible inflammation (itis) of the skin and soft tissues (red, hot, swollen and tender) . It can be caused by many things including sunburn (radiation), trauma (sprained ankle) or poor vein circulation (stasis dermatitis). It need not be caused by bacteria. If you have repeated episodes of this, get to a wound care or vascular specialist, the diagnoses you have is wrong.

Last updated Sep 23, 2021