New York, NY

I want to take vitamin d supplement what is the best form to buy and at what dose? especially that i have insufficient vitd blood levels?

Dr. Ernest Asamoah
Endocrinology 32 years experience
Possible D3: Most people say that d3 is better than d2 but the evidence suggest that either is fine.
Dr. Kenneth Merriman
Orthopedic Surgery 47 years experience
Vit D: All of the otc vit d is d3 which is what you want dose kind of depends on your wt and present level tons of good info at vitamindcouncil.Org my usual dosing formula is ~ 1000 iu/25# body wt get recheck of level in ~ 3 months almost everybody is vit d deficient.

Last updated Jan 12, 2021