IN

huge pain in left sholder , then swelling in the left knee , ra factor +ve, does.that confirm rheumatoid arthritis? if so, how should i go about it ?

Dr. Robert Lowe
Pediatric Rheumatology 17 years experience
No: Many causes of joint pain and/or joint swelling (injury, infection). Rheumatoid factor (rf)is not very sensitive(not always positive in patients with ra)and is not very specific for RA in spite of its name.Rf can become positive from certain infections (hepatitis) or other autoimmune prob like sjögren's, but then returns to normal later. Anti-ccp antibody is much more specific.See a rheumatologist.
Dr. Robert Olsen
No. but trouble: You have migratory polyarthritis, of which rhematoid arthritis is one of the major players. Ou should cojsult with a rheumatologist, a specialist in these disorders. These arthritides are destructive; ie, they destroy the joint tissue is untreated. But we have good medications for them now. So save our joints, get a clear diagnosis and appropriate treatment.