what do i need to know before getting braces?

Dr. Duane Keller
Dentistry 45 years experience
Functional position: Orthodontics needs to be done so your teeth, joints, muscles, head and neck relationships are in harmony. You have to find the best functional relationship first and then you can treat to that position. Braces are great at moving teeth, but it is also essential that the proper jaw posture be established and maintained during your treatment.
Dr. S. jay Bowman
Orthodontics 36 years experience
Oral health: First, your overall oral health must be assessed prior to even considering orthodontic care. The condition of your teeth, soft tissues, roots, and bone, must be considered before "moving" anything. Seek an opinion with a licensed orthodontic specialist.