I have the mirena (levonorgestrel) and a week late for my period. i have taken two hpt and they come out negative. could i still be pregnant?

Dr. Sheila Goodman
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Unlikely: Mirena (levonorgestrel) has an effectiveness rate of 99.9%. It is normal not to have periods while Mirena (levonorgestrel) is in. It is very unlikely you are pregnant.
Pathology 49 years experience
Blood test: Agree with Dr. G. If you have any concerns you may wish to get a blood test for HCG level to settle the issue. Have a healthy diet, exercise, drink plenty of water, have safe sex, and get HPV vaccine. Wish you good health! Nutrition: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/.