Middle River, MD

on amox for saliva gland infec. and now my bm looks like i'm not digesting food.i see my last meal, almost no stool. started 2 days ago. no blood.

Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Transient w/meds: Antibiotics like amox cause the "good" bacteria in the large intestine/colon to be destroyed. Therefore, the delicate balance in the colon is disrupted, and loose stools or partially digested foodstuff noted. "good bacteria" aids in digestion and fight off the "bad bacteria." Amoxicillin (antibiotic) kills both good and bad bacteria.
Dr. John DeWolf
Dentistry 40 years experience
Probiotics: Are a way to re-populate your gut with "good" organisms that are essential for proper digestion. Live culture yogurt is an example of this. Consider adding this category of nutrient to your diet to help your recovery.