Abingdon, MD

what would cause excessive salivation after eating? i take pepcid complete after meals, but i doubt that's the cause of it. someone told me it's probably just my body producing saliva to help aid in the digestion of the food i just ate.... any ideas?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Excessive salivation: I recommend consulting an Otolaryngologist or an oral surgeon to look for salivary gland dysfunction or pathology. Botox injections into the salivary glands are sometimes given to stop excessive salivation. You might have to go to a university hospital department of Otolaryngology or oral surgery to receive such an evaluation and treatment.