I noticed a tender grape sized ball in my upper thigh area (near groin). i am a 19 year old female. is it possible that this may be a femoral hernia?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Robert Uyeda answered

Specializes in General Surgery

Another cause is an enlarged lymph node. Sometimes it is difficult to tell, even for experienced surgeons. An imaging study, such as ultasound or ct scan, can help distinguish between the two. Femoral hernias can contain viscera, such as intestine, and lead to incarceration and strangulation. Lymph nodes can become enlarged from infection, inflammation, or malignancy. You need to see a doctor.

Answered Jun 10, 2018

5.2k views