Indonesia

i just realize yesterday i have two thin black line under my left hand thumb nail, i didn't have it two day before, no injuries to the nail?

Dr. Randy Stevens
General Surgery 24 years experience
Keep a eye on it: Chances are if you have two thin lines under your nail and it wasn't there two days ago then you probably did something. It does not have to be an injury. Did you paint or expose your hand to something? Wash the wheel wells? If it persists, is painful, gets red, call your doctor.
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 32 years experience
Melanonychia: Melanonychia is brown or black pigmentation of the nail unit. Melanonychia commonly presents as pigmented band arranged lengthwise along the nail unit, and this presentation is known as longitudinal (lm) melanonychia or melanonychia striata. The most important cause of melanonychia is subungual melanoma, other causes includes systemic disorders, trauma, inflammatory disorders, drugs & others.