I had a slip and fall about 3 months ago. i have right lower back pain. i also have tingling in my left leg and foot with shooting pain and itchiness?

Dr. Christie Lehman
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 17 years experience
Be seen: You may have a "pinched nerve" in your back. Look out for weakness in the leg and foot as well as bowel or bladder control issues as these may be signs of a severe nerve injury. A doctor can examine you and gauge the severity of your issue and devise a plan for your evaluation and treatment.
Dr. Chintan Sampat
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 19 years experience
Lumbar disc issues: This sounds like some irritation of the nerve from the lower back (i.e. Like the sciatic nerve). This could be a result of a herniated disc. Seek medical attention if the symptoms worsen or continue to bother you. Most patients get better without surgery over a 3 month period. Anti-inflammatory medications can sometimes help.
Last updated Mar 26, 2014